The School of Art Honors program includes all studio art disciplines, art education, museum studies and history of art majors. Barrett Honors College, offers students many unique academic opportunities. The advantages of simultaneous enrollment in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts and the Barrett Honors College are:
- Priority registration for classes.
- Honors courses, transdisciplinary in nature, are taught by the most dedicated and talented faculty.
- Honors students are eligible for exclusive scholarship opportunities.
- Honors students can apply for internship offerings at public art museums, art commissions and private art galleries
- Honors studio art majors are eligible to apply for a one-person BFA Honors Exhibit at one of the several gallery spaces operated by the School of Art. Students who complete their Honors Thesis and/or Exhibition traditionally have entered highly respected graduate programs.
About this opportunity
Art honors information
Art History and Museum Studies honors information
Thesis committee structure
Lower division honors curriculum