BFA Declaration Deadlines for Drawing and Painting
October 1 and February 15
BFA Declaration Process
Complete the following courses in the semesters before applying:
- ARS 101 and 102 (for all catalogs years prior to 2016)
- ARS 101 or 102; and ARS 201 or 202 (for 2016 catalog year and after*)
- ART 111, 112, 113, 115
- DRAWING STUDENTS must complete ART 211 and ART 214;
- PAINTING STUDENTS must complete ART 223 and ART 227
Recommeded submition of the BFA Declaration form in the semester in which you are completing 6 hours of the following 200-level studio electives:
- one 2D course
- one 3D course
- Current ASU Students: ASU GPA of 2.7 and an art GPA of 3.0
- New Incoming Transfer Students: Transfer GPA 3.0 and an art GPA of 3.0
- Use your unofficial ASU transcript (available at MyASU) to fill out the BFA Declaration Form.
- Students who attended another institution, and have transfer credits used to meet the portfolio submission requirements, should use their unofficial transcript from the transfer institutions to fill out the BFA Declaration Form.