Students at the Barrett Honors College experience an intellectually and socially vibrant community where their unique talents and interests are nutured and developed.
The School of Art Honors program includes all studio art disciplines, art education, museum studies and history of art majors. Barrett Honors College, one of the nation’s highest ranking honors college, offers students many unique academic opportunities for those studying the visual arts. The advantages of simultaneous enrollment in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts and the Barrett Honors College are:
- Priority registration for classes
- Honors courses, very often transdisciplinary in nature, are taught by the most dedicated and talented faculty.
- Participating students are eligible for exclusive scholarship opportunities
- Students can apply for unique and challenging internship offerings at public art museums, art commissions and selected private art galleries
- Studio art majors are offered an opportunity for a one-person BFA Honors Exhibit at one of the several gallery spaces operated by the School of Art
- Students who complete their Honors Thesis and/or Exhibition traditionally have entered highly respected graduate programs