BFA Declaration Deadlines
October 1 and February 15
BFA Declaration Process and Portfolio Submission
Complete the following courses in the semesters before applying:
- ARS 101 and 102 (for all catalogs years prior to 2016)
- ARS 101 or 102; and ARS 201 or 202 (for 2016 catalog year and after*)
- ART 111, 112, 113 or 116, 115
- ART 201/202
- ART 204 or ART 205
Please note: photography students following the 2010 catalog and beyond
- Current ASU Students: ASU GPA of 2.7 and an art GPA of 3.0
- New Incoming Transfer Students: Transfer GPA 3.0 and an art GPA of 3.0
Students wishing to enter the BFA in Photography are required to submit a portfolio for admission.
- Use your unofficial ASU transcript (available at MyASU) to fill out the BFA Declaration Form.
- Students who attended another institution, and have transfer credits used to meet the portfolio submission requirements, should use a copy of their unofficial transcript from the transfer institutions to fill out the BFA Declaration Form.
- Submit hard copies of 10 prints to the School of Art Office in ART 102. Prints may be 8"x10" or 11"x14" packaged in a simple envelope. Prints should be color if you have taken ART 205 or black and white gelatin silver if you have taken ART 204.
- The review committee considers the quality of the creative work submitted. Typically, this includes originality in treatment of subject matter and form, the quality of the composition and the level of technical skill demonstrated.