October 1 and February 15
BFA Declaration Process
Complete the following courses before applying:
- ARS 101 and 102 (for all catalogs years prior to 2016)
- ARS 101 or 102; and ARS 201 or 202 (for 2016 catalog year and after)
- ART 111, 112, 113 or 116, 115
- ARE 250 (you must earn a B- or better in this course)
Recommended submition of the BFA Declaration Form in the semester in which you are completing 9 hours of the following 200-level studio electives:
- one 2D course
- one 3D course
- one additional 2D or 3D course
- Current ASU Students: ASU GPA of 2.7 and an art GPA of 3.0
- New Incoming Transfer Students: Transfer GPA 3.0 and an art GPA of 3.0
- You must have a signed area of proficiency form on file in the Herberger Institute Office of Student Success. If you have not done so, please complete the Art Education Area of Proficiency form (available in the advising office), have it signed by an art education faculty member and submit it to the Herberger Institute Office of Student Success in CDS 101.
- Complete the School of Art BFA Declaration form.